Tuesday, November 5, 2013

a reluctant goodbye to Halloween


I'm always reluctant to say goodbye to little Templeton and Scabbers come November. I have seven of these squeaky Dollar Store rats and I really feel the need for more, dozens to be truthful. So, it seems apropos to post about the steampunk owl costume I made for my eldest daughter now, nearly a week after Halloween has passed. You could say that I over achieved, just a little bit, but I was so incredibly inspired with the subject matter! I have been, after all, referred to as "the owl lady" at the ceramics studio for several years. It was undoubtedly a whole lot of work, but my recipient was thrilled, her younger sister wants to be the owl next year, and it was a true joy to see that big ol' great horned owl excitedly flapping her wings and circling the park across the street from our house in leaps and bounds.

the details: front, sleeve and materials

acting the part

the full ensemble, still acting the part

No comments:

Post a Comment